JOB TITLE: School Activity Assistant – Nord Afterschool Program
WORK YEAR: Part time: Variable after school hours/11 months
START DATE: As soon as possible after interviews
AREA OF Expanded Learning Program
ASSIGNMENT: Nord, CA
SALARY: Schedule 5, Range 3, $13.04 to $19.26, Placement dependent on
BENEFITS: Sick and vacation leave accrued.
HOW TO APPLY: Visit: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1236192
DEADLINE: This position is open until filled; to receive full consideration, please apply by Monday, October 14, 2019 at 4:00 PM.
Under general direction of assigned management employee and with guidance by designated school site management and/or certificated staff, the School Activity Assistant I assists development and implementation of after school and other student learning activities and experiences, including organizing and conducting classes, tutoring, program activities and events, and monitoring of students. The School Activity Leader works variable hours, days, and weeks as employed and assigned periodically and not to exceed 195 days in a school year, irrespective of the number of hours worked per day.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives general supervision from management or the assigned certificated supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES [May include, but is not limited to the following]
1. Assist planning and implementation of academic, enrichment, health, and recreational extracurricular before school, after school, weekend, and summer learning experiences for students.
2. Assist tutoring of students in academic subjects, such as reading, writing, math, and other areas.
3. Help After School students in academic subjects, such as reading, writing, math, and other areas.
4. Work effectively with students in After School activities and assist with behavior management, discipline, interpersonal actions, and act as a role model.
5. Help mentor students in a variety of learning and life experiences.
6. Support environments that are safe, healthy, and conducive to student learning.
7. Assist recruitment and enrollment of students into After School programs and activities.
8. Promote participation of students, school staff, volunteers, and parents.
9. Gather and maintain student participation, development, and achievement data for program evaluation efforts.
10. Participate in staff training and professional development opportunities.
11. Local and regional travel as necessary to fulfill After School grant requirements.
12. Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor or classroom teacher.
1. Child and youth learning activities, such as academic achievement, educational enrichment, visual/performing arts, health/nutrition, technology, sports/recreation, and cultural groups and events.
2. Techniques and methods of student supervision and behavior management.
3. Cultural and physical differences and needs of children in assigned activities.
4. Basic computer and technology applications.
5. English usage, spelling, and writing.
1. Work effectively with students of differing ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
2. Establish and maintain effective working relations with program and school personnel.
3. Learn basic first aid and safety requirements.
4. Communicate effectively in oral and written expressions.
5. Physically perform job tasks.
6. Follow directions and function within program policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
1. Two years (48 completed units) college level course work preferred in recreation psychology, health, or other related fields; or Associate’s degree or higher; or Passage of a Butte County Office of Education approved comprehensive Local Assessment Test (CODESP); or Passage of another district approved Local Assessment Test.
2. Experience assisting implementation of children and/or youth programs and activities.
3. Experience related to K-12 educational systems and sites
1. To comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all new employees must provide
proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States.
2. FINGERPRINTING FOR CONDUCTING A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION IS REQUIRED
(and completed upon offer of employment)
TO APPLY: Visit: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1236192
Online applications only; no paper copies will be accepted. All online
applications must be accompanied by the following attachments; (incomplete
applications will not be accepted):
• Cover Letter
• Three letters of recommendation required, current letters
• Must possess 48 semester units from an accredited college or university; or 2) Associate’s degree or higher; or 3) CBEST (Plus passage of CODESP Instructional Component); or 4) Passage of a Butte County Office of Education approved comprehensive Local Assessment Test (CODESP); or 5)
Passage of another district approved NCLB Local Assessment Test