Position: Physician/ Medical Director
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: Negotiable/Depends on Experience
Benefits: Highly competitive benefits package *See below
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Physician/Medical Director is responsible for the medical care of patients. He/she directs and coordinates the medical and psychosocial functions of the clinic.
This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
1. Utilizes knowledge and skill in taking medical histories, performing appropriate plans and therapies (including referrals for consultations) and providing medical follow-up.
2. Provides comprehensive medical care to all age groups.
3. Reviews clinical records and evaluates medical care provided by consultants and staff. Recommends changes and improvements when indicated.
4. Reviews laboratory and consultants’ reports and initiates any indicated follow-up.
5. Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating policies, procedures, protocols and other business items as requested for the clinic to ensure high quality, cost-effective medical care.
6. Participates in staff meetings, case conferences and committee meetings.
7. Serves as member of Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
8. Serves as a member of Health Care Resources/Case management Team Committee.
9. Reviews and updates Medical Policy and Procedure Manual annually.
10. Evaluates staff in a timely manner.
11. Contributes to team effort by participating in the Susanville Indian Rancheria’s facility wide program improvements, goals and standards.
12. Works within HIPAA Guidelines.
13. Responsible for Level 1 Keys and Codes.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Completion of a nationally accredited school of medicine for Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program – preferred.
2. Current unrestricted California Licensure to practice medicine.
3. Certification by the American Board of Family Practice.
4. Must have completed Medical Residency in the United States, Great Britain or Canada.
5. Three years’ experience in clinic management and medical practice.
6. Knowledge and ability to keep and maintain a departmental budget.
7. Ability to work with other health professionals and paraprofessionals in a team approach to provide comprehensive health care.
8. Possess valid drivers license with no more than 5 MVR points and insurable as determined by the Susanville Indian Rancheria insurance provider.
9. Current DEA.
10. Maintain BLS/ACLS Certification.
11. Must pass criminal background investigation and meet the minimum standards of character as established by P.L. 101-630.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its Full-Time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan.
***Preference will be given to Native Americans (42 CFR 36.221)
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only completed applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach a copy of your High School Diploma or College Degree. If the position requires a valid Driver’s License you must also attach a copy of your Driver’s License.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (530)257-1895.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
For additional information about this job please email firstname.lastname@example.org