IHSS Care Coordinator
Position Title: Home Care Coordinator
Department: Home Care
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm includes travel throughout Plumas and Sierra Counties
Wages & Benefits: $19.63 per hour; benefit package included
Connecting Point’s Home Care program serves persons with disabilities and seniors in Plumas, Sierra, and Nevada Counties who qualify for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) to assist them to live independently and safely in their homes. Primary functions of the program include the operation of a
Registry assisting consumers to find and maintain providers and provision of training to providers and consumers of the program.
The Home Care Coordinator will assist IHSS consumers with selecting and interviewing care providers, as well as planning provider work schedules and work week agreements. The Home Care Coordinator will assist with recruitment, enrollment, and orientation of providers for the Connecting Point provider registry. A successful applicant will have experience with conflict resolution and database management.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only)
• Travel throughout Plumas and Sierra Counties to facilitate provider enrollment and consumer referrals
• Assists IHSS consumers with hiring and managing IHSS providers
• Provides consumer and provider support services, including conflict resolution, both in the office and at the consumer’s home
• Maintains computerized provider registry database and uses the State’s IHSS database
• Organizes and maintains various registry and training records and files
• Conducts IHSS provider enrollment activities
• Provides training opportunities for IHSS consumers and providers
• Recruits trainees for Connecting Point trainings
• Responds as a call agent to the 211 Connecting Point Disaster Response Team in the event of a countywide disaster
• Other duties as assigned
• Issues impacting the independence of seniors and people with disabilities, including personal care
• Job development, employee recruitment, interviewing, screening, orientation and training techniques and practices
• Computer software and applications, including scheduling and task management software
• The home-care industry and home-care registries
• Conflict resolution techniques
• Techniques for effective customer service
• Communicating clearly, effectively, and respectfully, both orally and in writing
• Problem solving
• Conducting training for adult learners
• Engaging and motivating adults from diverse cultural, socio-economic, and educational backgrounds
• Organizing work, tracking activities, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
Licenses and Certificates:
• Possession of a valid State of California driver’s license within 30 days of hire. Proof of adequate vehicle insurance.
• Candidates must be able to pass a Live Scan background check to become a registered Live Scan fingerprint roller.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Speech and hearing to communicate in person and by telephone; vision to read handwritten and printed materials and a computer screen. Reasonable accommodations may be provided for some physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodations.
This description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Not all duties are necessarily performed by each incumbent. Incumbents may be expected to perform job related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job related knowledge and skills.