Job Title: Housing Specialist (ARGP)
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
This position is primarily responsible for identifying the individual, permanent housing/ permanent placement needs of guests staying at Hospitality House and helping guests to access and secure the necessary resources to regain independence. The duties of the Housing Specialist also include developing and updating a housing resource directory, routinely reaching out to landlords to identify available units and maintaining ongoing relationships to improve the chances of Hospitality House guests securing permanent housing.
Above all, the Housing Specialist serves as an advocate for all Hospitality House guests, assisting them with housing rental applications, interpreting lease/rental agreements and ensuring their compliance with HUD, and transporting guests during their housing search and rental negotiations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Set and keep regular, ongoing housing case management meetings with guests staying at Hospitality House.
· Assess individual guests’ needs (and/or couples/families) to comprehend issues and establish rapport.
· Create personalized housing plans that identify a plan toward self-sufficiency, working in coordination with the Shelter Case Managers.
· Ensure all housing plans are focused on the physical and mental well-being of the people involved.
· Help guests/clients in repairing past credit issues.
· Assist clients with securing gainful employment or regular income.
· Support guest/clients in developing a budget for housing and living expenses.
· Provide guidance and rental assistance funds for eligible clients.
· Implement a rental assistance program to those individuals who have been formally sentenced to and released from State Prison.
· Work collaboratively with local law enforcement and the Probation Department to coordinate entry into Hospitality House upon clients release from incarceration.
· Offer support emotional and practical support during the housing search process.
· Make recommendations for the continuation of or change in housing services.
· Collaborate with other Hospitality House program staff to work more effectively.
· Arrange for guest transportation and encourage attendance for all appointments and referrals provided on a guest’s behalf.
· Documents and records all case management activities as appropriate; prepare required reports.
· From time to time, work with outreach clients or other homeless people not staying at Hospitality House but referred by partner agencies with targeted (clearly defined) assistance. Services are limited to securing permanent housing or permanent placement.
· Ensure all case management progress is regularly and routinely documented into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
· Serve as a liaison between Hospitality House and other Nevada County/Grass Valley or Nevada City social services/public safety agencies when needed or requested by your supervisor.
· Attend community meetings as required or requested by your supervisor.
· Attend and participate in one-on-one meetings with your supervisor, weekly staff meetings, monthly all staff meetings and team building gatherings.
· Travel as required for home visits, appointments with guests and other community activities.
· Help staff Hospitality House sponsored events as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
At a minimum: Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school related to the field of work (psychology; social work; sociology); or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university related to the field of work (psychology; social work; sociology); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Housing Specialist Job
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Electronic Mail Software (Outlook preferred); internet programs (including ADP online payroll system); database systems, Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) preferred; Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Hiring Requirements: Valid Driver’s License
Education Level: Associate’s Degree
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes, Operator License
Minimum Salary: 20.00 Hour Maximum Salary: 24.00 Hour
Job Application Methods Accepted: At the Nearest One-Stop
To Apply: Please email your Resume and a Cover Letter with employment/education history, and current contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and Cover Letter must be in Microsoft Word format.
For additional information about this job please email email@example.com