Position Title HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC
Position Location Chester, California
Position Description The position of Heavy Duty Mechanic operates and maintains all equipment in the log yard, plant area. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to: keep work areas clean, practice safe work habits, preventative maintenance and repair on all plant equipment, such as Loaders, Back Ho, Forklifts, LeTourneau, etc. Work closely with management, lead persons, and other co-workers to achieve optimum safety, quality and productivity.
Position Responsibilities · Maintain and repair heavy duty equipment related to log yard and sawmill facility.
Expected to wear personal protective equipment at all times (hard hat, gloves, safety glasses and hearing protection).
· Responsible for their own safety and for the safety of those around them. This is a job requiring strenuous work and moving heavy items and pieces of equipment.
· This work includes preventative maintenance, daily repairs, lubrication, and servicing of gas, diesel, hydraulic, electric and mechanical systems of rolling stock.
· Must be knowledgeable in the operation of various equipment including: Letourneau Log Stacker, Front End-Loaders, Forklifts, Heel-Boom Log Loaders, Skid Steers,
Water Trucks and other plant related equipment.
· Repair work is often done in awkward positions requiring tools and equipment including: arc welders, oxy-acetyline welding and cutting torches, hand tools, winches and pulleys, hydraulic lifts, etc.
Position Requirements · Minimum 3 years of experience in Heavy Duty Mechanic, industrial operations
· Ability to apply mechanical principles to practical situations using machines, hand
tools, or techniques in a variety of jobs ranging from routine to complex.
· Observe all safety rules.
Salary / Wage $24.80 per hour plus full health benefits
Resume Closing Date Open until filled
Send Resume to Collins Pine Company
Janice White, Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 796
Chester, CA. 96020
Fax: (530) 258-4421
This bulletin is intended as a communication device.
This bulletin reflects a generalization of information and may not reflect all aspects of this position.
Collins is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Individuals with a disability, who need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process,
please contact Human Resources at 503.826.5230 or CollinsHR@collinsco.com.