Position Location Chester, California
Position Description Maintain sawmill and planing mill saws/knives and related equipment, assist in changing
of saws/knives and provide help with trouble shooting during production shifts. This is
an hourly, non-exempt position reporting to the Sawmill Supervisor.
Position Responsibilities • Provide leadership and training for the filing department.
• Maintain, sharpen and repair various round/band saws and knife cutting tools,
utilizing saw handling equipment.
• Determine shifts and schedules for cross training and production support.
• Order and maintain necessary filing and production machine parts in inventory.
• Strive for continuous quality and production improvement on all cutting devices with
a positive attitude and innovative thinking.
• Lead machine alignments.
• Update SOP’s for filer area as needed.
• Safety training for all filers as required by OSHA.
• Stay up on new technology and make recommendations as needed.
Position Requirements • Five (5) years experience
• Sharpening Band/Round Saws and Knife cutting tools
• Saw leveling/tensioning – Manual and machine
• Experience with Stellite and Carbide tooth technology
• Use and/or maintain:
Saw/knife grinding, leveling and tensioning equipment
Band/Round saw guide
Alignment of sawing/chipping equipment running surfaces
Saw/Knife cutting tolerances
• Change saws/knives per schedule or as needed
• Follow all company, state and federal safety rules when performing required job
• Read and understand service and technical manuals
• Lubrication and bearing maintenance
• Clean and maintain work area
• Ability to work with little supervision
• Additional duties as required by Supervisor
• Must be able to work as a team player
• Ability to understand and operate:
Hand and power tools
Assemble and set-up machines
Use a computer to keep equipment and saw records up to date
Operate forklift and other mobile equipment as applicable
Salary / Wage DOE plus full health benefits
Resume Closing Date Until Filled
Send Resume to Janice White
Collins Pine Company
P.O. Box 796
Chester, CA 96020
This bulletin is intended as a communication device.
This bulletin reflects a generalization of information and may not reflect all aspects of this position.
Collins is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Individuals with a disability, who need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process,
please contact Human Resources at 503.826.5230 or CollinsHR@collinsco.com.