Position to start in the fall of 2019
Location: Red Bluff, CA
Compensation Package: $50,000 – $60,000 DOE, plus incentive structure.
The Red Bluff Bull & Gelding Sale is seeking General Manager (GM) to direct and manage all aspects of the annual event including, but not limited to; operational, administrative, financial, marketing and sales. GM to work with and under the authority of the Board of Directors to provide operational evaluation, recommendations and policy advice. GM will serve as a primary liaison with the community, sponsors, volunteers and partners. GM must be skilled in building community and industry relationships. GM will be expected to attend other events to promote the Red Bluff Bull and Gelding Sale. GM must be capable of enhancing the reputation of the Red Bluff Bull Sale as the premier event of its kind in the Western United States.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
– Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred.
– 5 years or more experience in sales, business, special events, or related position.
– Familiarity with cattle and equine industries preferred.
– Leadership, relationship and diplomacy skills required.
– Business development and/or sales experience preferred.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
– Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, and QuickBooks.
– Budget development and oversight experience.
Operations – Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission.
Sales and Marketing – Increase revenue. Maximize current revenue streams and create new ones, expand opportunities. Develop marketing strategies.
Customer and Personal Service – Represent Red Bluff Bull & Gelding Sale through community and industry partnerships, volunteer development and positive relationship building with all stakeholder groups; Promote events inside and outside the area.
Buyer and Consignor Recruitment and Retainment – Work to attract the best stock for our sales and ensure that eager buyers are in attendance.
Administration and Management – Work with BOD to develop goals and objectives; proactively recommend and implement quality enhancements to programs and initiatives; recommend organizational process or policy changes. Manage Staff.
Communications and Media – Effectively promote events, expand communication vehicles including social media. Maximize profile with local and national media.
Financial Management – Create annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow. Implement cost control initiatives and accountabilities. Managing day-to-day processing of accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks, producing reports as requested. Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling Government filing requirements.
Recruit and manage volunteer resources. – Ensure business and community partnerships are cultivated and maintained – Oversee and ensure compliance and consistency with contracts and agreements.
– Effectively guide BOD to a balanced annual budget
– Provide clear reporting and communication with BOD
– Work with President to coordinate execution of board meetings.
– Must possess a current California Driver License
– Must successfully pass a law enforcement background check
– Must pass a comprehensive drug screen
This position reports to the Executive Board.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume, and Standard Application to a JTC staff member and ask for a prescreen interview.