Susanville Indian Rancheria
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: (Continuous Recruitment)
POSITION TITLE: Family Support Specialist (Continuous Recruitment)
STARTING SALARY: $ 17.47 per hour
POSITION CLASS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time (40 per week)
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will represent and advocate on behalf of parents or other family members of a child or adolescent with a serious mental health need, who has received or currently is receiving services from the local mental health service system. The person hired will have adequate capabilities to
partner with groups and promote advocacy for “family-driven care” principles in developing, implementing, and evaluating the system of care. Responsibilities will include working in partnership with the program staff in all aspects of developing, implementing and evaluating the system of care. This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate/facilitate delivery of youth and family based mental health services, funded under Circles of Care grant.
2. Engage family members in the community and advocate for the “family voice” to be included in all aspects of the grant.
3. Work in partnership with the Circles of Care staff in all aspects of developing, implementing and evaluating the system of care.
4. Provide information on the program to families, youth groups, leaders, spiritual advisors and others to gather input or the program design.
5. Work with staff to arrange community meetings and network other mental health provider agencies serving tribal youth and families.
6. Collect surveys and other information to be used in the projects Strategic Plan, Circles of Care handbook, and Final Report.
7. Attends meetings and represents Susanville Indian Rancheria Lassen Indian Health Center both on and off-site during conferences, meetings and seminars.
8. Supports Project Director in all communication, outreach and marketing for the Circles of Care Mental Health Services program.
9. Supports Project Director in developing public education activities.
10. Supports Project Director in coordinating outreach events.
11. Establish and maintain a working relationship with Tribal and other community agencies in coordination with project activities.
12. Provides education and guidance to community agencies and community members.
13. Demonstrates effective and efficient leadership, organization, facilitation and time management skills.
14. Must be able to empathize, willingness to understand, and have knowledge of issues facing Native American communities.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Two years college level education in Social/Human Services or related field preferred.
3. Two years’ work experience in social service or health care field. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
4. Knowledge of basic office and computer skills including Microsoft Office components.
5. Knowledge of Tribal community and youth prevention or mental health service delivery.
6. Must have a valid driver’s license.
7. Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check.
8. Must pass pre-employment drug test.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such as short periods of standing, walking over rough uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects with infrequent bending or stooping alternating with the lighter activities. Job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Occasional exposure to objectionable conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions or light industrial settings.
• Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
• Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
• Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
• Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
• Comply with policies and procedures.
• Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
• The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
• Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its Full-Time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA. Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete
you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma or College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certification required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. An additional statement on how you meet each minimum qualification.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address.
All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA. Only completed applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach a copy of your High School Diploma or College Degree. If the position requires a valid Driver’s License you must also attach a copy of your Driver’s License. In addition, you must provide an additional statement on how you meet the qualifications. Complete applications can be dropped off in person at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (530)257-1895.
For additional information about this job please email firstname.lastname@example.org