OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: May 13, 2020
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: May 29, 2020
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
STARTING SALARY: $19.59 per hour
POSITION CLASS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: No
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY
The LIHC Administrative Assistant is to assist the Health Clinic Director in office work, organizing events, assisting in errands, and other duties assigned. The administrative assistant works closely with other staff at LIHC during the events and functions.
1. Performs general administrative tasks including but not limited to written and verbal correspondence, copying, supply orders, keeping machinery operable, replacing the toner for the copy and fax machines, and reception duties such as answering telephones.
2. Organizes, schedules, arranges, and participates in conferences, retreats, and LIHC Health Board committee meetings as directed.
3. Prepares documentation for LIHC Health Board meetings.
4. Attends assigned meetings, taking minutes and making them available in a timely fashion.
5. Types reports for LIHC Health Board meetings.
6. Maintains strict confidentiality with regard to HIPAA, Board Actions, and executive decisions.
7. Organizes and maintains Health Board minutes and the Policies and Procedures manuals.
8. Aids in organization of any meeting requested by the Health Clinic Director.
9. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Internet, and Email with the ability to learn new software as needed.
10. Excellent customer service skills in face-to-face and telephone interactions.
11. Must have complete understanding of the Patient Confidentiality Act.
12. Ability to sit for long periods of time and keyboard for long periods of time.
13. Ability to work with Indian Community.
14. Ability to learn new information quickly and accurately.
15. Ability to interpret policies and procedures to patients and public in a friendly and
16. Ability to follow organization’s chain of command and employee performance
1. Use word processing in preparing routine documents.
2. Use database, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing systems is desirable.
3. Use office equipment.
4. Compose routine correspondence.
5. Handle multiple tasks.
6. Take fast notes or shorthand is desirable in some assignments.
7. Communicate effectively (verbal and written).
8. Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Excellent interpersonal skills needed to work with clinic staff.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
12. Work effectively with others.
1. Must possess High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited school
2. AA Degree, Certificate of Completion from an Accredited Business School or 4 years
3. Computer experience required.
4. Ability to type 45 wpm.
5. Ability to sit for long periods of time and keyboard for long periods of time.
6. Must be able to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug screen.
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there
may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. No
special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its Full-Time employees a highly competitive benefits
package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual
merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid
annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group
health, dental, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan.
1st Preference Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference Non-Native applicant.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center
application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/
(SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements)
or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete
you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting
your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certification required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. An additional statement on how you meet each minimum qualification. Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the