Modoc Medical Center has an opening for a Dietary Aide at our New Hospital. This is a benefit eligible position. Primary job functions will be assisting the cook with meal service and preparation; setting up trays; pouring beverages; food cart transfers; washing dishes; cleaning work areas.
Applicant must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
– Prepares food trays for general and therapeutic diets.
– Prepares and delivers items as requested by patient care units or patients.
– Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner.
– Prepares special diet foods as necessary
– Delivers food carts to patient care units.
– Loads and oversees dishwashers.
– Washes specified items by hand, i.e. pots, pans, knives.
– Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
– Puts clean dishes and utensils away.
– Mops floors as scheduled and as necessary.
– Cleans walk-in refrigerators and storage areas.
– Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
– Treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
– Observes infection control practices at all times.
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
– High school graduate or equivalent
– Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
– Must be detail oriented.
– Above average mental ability, good physical/mental health and a courteous and kind disposition
– Able to walk, bend and lift with the dexterity to perform manual skills required of the job
– Dependable, organized, reliable, has good attendance.
Interested candidates may apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org or through an application available in Human Resources at Modoc Medical Center, 228 W. McDowell Ave. – Alturas, CA 96101
Modoc Medical Center is an EOE