CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Open Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Registered Nurse/Clinic Manager
STARTING SALARY: Negotiable
POSITION CLASS: Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time (40 per week)
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Register Nurse/Clinic Manager is a Registered Nurse, preferably a Public Health Nurse, that oversees the nursing operations and diabetes programs of the Lassen Indian Health Center. This individual is responsible for the promotion and preservation of health in the local Indian
community. This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages, supervises and coordinates services for the Medical Clinic. Directly supervises Certified Medical Assistant/Community Health Representative, Licensed Vocational Nurses
and Exercise Program staff. Holds Security Level 1 key and security codes.
• Prepares reports as requested and in a timely manner
• Prepares, updates and implements Medical Clinic Department policies and procedures.
• Supervises maintenance and production of immunization and diabetes records and reports on all patients as required by IHS Contract Scope of Work, as well as the other audits/reports required by GPRA/IHS.
• May administer immunizations, injections, oral medications and certain treatments.
• May perform venipuncture for obtaining blood samples.
• Discusses patient problems by telephone when appropriate and directs patient to proper care.
• Supervises the ordering and inventory of medical supplies by LVN staff.
• Serves on Infection Control Committee, Quality Improvement (QI), Diabetes Team, Case Management, and the Health Resources Management Team (HRMT). Chairs meetings and facilitates progress/activities for each committee to meet goals. Participates in other committees or sub-committees as assigned.
• Acts as Infection Control Officer for Lassen Indian Health Center and is responsible for updating the Infection Control Manual.
• Evaluates staff in a timely manner.
• Provides patient education in groups, one-on-one, or at patient homes.
• Learns and becomes proficient with practice management software and other computer programs as needed, especially the IHS Resource Patient Management System (RPMS), and EHR programs.
• In collaboration with the Physician/Medical Director or medical provider, ensures programs are in place that address community health needs.
• Responsible for the day-to-day management, supervision and operation of the Outreach Department and CHR visits/activities/assignments.
• Selects health education materials for distribution to the Lassen County Indian community.
• Develops and updates home visit protocols for the Community Health Representatives (CHRs).
• Trains Outreach staff to ensure proper utilization of home visit protocols and community education methods.
• Makes initial home visits to evaluate patient’s needs who have been referred by the Doctor, FNP, or other requests. Determines what approaches and monitoring procedures CHRs will utilize. Makes home visits to patients as requested.
• Supervises and writes all required reports related to areas of responsibility.
• Works with Human Resources and the Safety Officer to review, plan, and schedule staff training programs.
• Plans, prepares and participates in community education classes, health fairs, events and health screenings.
• Complies with all pertinent HIPAA regulations and related policies and procedures.
• Contributes to the team effort by participating in the Susanville Indian Rancheria’s facility wide program improvements, goals and standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. A college degree in a technical discipline or a master’s degree (non-technical) or non-technical degree plus professional certification.
3. Five to eight years of similar or related experience.
4. Must possess a current and valid California RN license (Public Health Nurse Certificate preferred).
5. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
6. Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check.
7. Must pass pre-employment drug test.
8. Must have a valid BLS card or be able to obtain within sixty (60) days of hire date.
9. Must be willing to travel for training.
10. Must possess excellent customer service skills.
11. Must possess excellent written and oral skills.
12. Must possess a valid CPR card.
13. Must have knowledge and experience in clinic operations, administrative functions, and clinic management.
14. Must be able to multi-task.
15. Must have supervision, management, team and leadership skills.
16. Must be flexible and take the initiative to correct deficient areas of responsibility.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such as short periods of standing, walking over rough uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects with infrequent bending or stooping alternating with the lighter activities. Job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to unfavorable environments such as weather, body fluids, toxic laboratory and industrial chemicals, or confined, dirty and noisy locations. Employees may be required to use personal protective equipment such as masks, coats, gowns, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields.
• Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
• Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
• Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
• Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
• Comply with policies and procedures.
• Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
• The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
• Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its Full-Time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA. Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma or College Degree or transcripts documenting your
graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certification required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. An additional statement on how you meet each minimum qualification.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA. Only completed applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach a copy of your High School Diploma or College Degree. If the position requires a valid Driver’s License you must also attach a copy of your Driver’s License. In addition, you must provide an additional statement on how you meet the qualifications. Complete applications can be dropped off in person at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (530)257-1895.
For additional information about this job please email email@example.com