The PCA II Live-In assists with environmental services such as housekeeping and homemaking services to preserve a safe, sanitary home and to enhance family life on a 24 hour per shift basis. The PCA II Live In ensures the quality and safe delivery of non-medically directed personal care in accordance with the certification criteria from CA Dept. of Health Services, Title 22, the Federal Register, the agency plan of care and agency policies and procedures under the supervision of the Staffing Supervisor and/or Field Staff Supervisor as required.
1. Performing household services which will facilitate the client’s care at home and are necessary to prevent or postpone institutionalization, such as laundry, light housekeeping, shopping, care of household pets, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of bathrooms, changing linens, cleaning out of the refrigerator, sweeping, mopping, and usual maintenance of the stove top and oven to be done per plan of care.
2. Provide escort and /or transportation services per agency authorization.
3. Basic meal preparation, meal planning for regular and therapeutic diets and general clean up after serving.
4. Inform the supervisor of any and all changes in the patient’s condition and needs.
5. Prompt reporting to immediate supervisor of any and all incidents. Written report on appropriate form in agency within 24 hours of event.
6. Participate in in-service training programs.
7. Follows infection control and safety measures at all times.
8. Must report to supervisor when unable to obtain at least 5 hours uninterrupted sleep during a 24 hour shift.
9. Assisting patients with ambulating, transfers and toileting.
10. Observing/reporting intake of foods and fluids and frequency of elimination.
11. Taking and recording vital signs.
12. Monitoring skin integrity.
13. Assisting patients with medications which are normally self-administered. The PCA II Live-In shall not administer medications.
14. Prepares and submits timely Para-professional Daily Notes.
Note: Submission of documentation, visit slips and/or daily time summaries is required for satisfactory completion of an assignment as defined by agency policy. Failure to provide this documentation will result in disciplinary action.
15. Maintains confidentiality regarding patients, health care staff and documentation.
16. Performs additional duties as assigned.