Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Full-Time, Benefited, Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant at our Canby Clinic. Under the supervision of an LVN, RN, NP, PA and/or Physician, the CMA or MA helps providers in preparing patients for exams and assist in maintenance of the clinic area and supplies.
Job Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Admits patient to clinic and takes vital signs and charts height and weight.
• Does initial assessment of clinic patient, charting chief complaint and other related signs and symptoms. Notifies the provider of the patient’s condition. Assists in prioritizing patients in their need to see the provider.
• Assists in maintaining and ordering supplies and in checking expiration dates on supplies.
• Prepares patients for exam and appropriate trays are set up. Assists the provider to carry out surgical and diagnostic procedures. Carries out scope of practice as ordered by the provider.
• Aware of medical/legal aspects of clinic. Completes all forms and charting appropriately and accurately.
• Withdraws blood; finger sticks; performs skin tests; performs nasal smears in nasal cavity; swabs throat.
• Removes sutures/staples from superficial wound and removes casts, splints and external devises.
• Performs EKG, EEG, plethysmography.
• Administers medication under the supervision and approval of licensed staff.
• Attends annual CPR refresher course, safety and infection control courses and other related in-service programs
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma
• Current CPR card.
• CMA certification if applying for CMA position.
• EMR Experience.
• Previous training and healthcare experience preferred
For an application, visit the Modoc Medical Center Human Resources Department or apply on-line at: www.modocmedicalcenter.org. This position is being advertised in-house as well as to the public. Modoc Medical Center – Human Resource Department 228 W. McDowell St. – Alturas, CA 96101 www.modocmedicalcenter.org