ANNOUNCEMENT OF OPENING FOR
Position Title: Bus Driver
Position Type: Part-Time
Reports To: Superintendent/Principal
Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade. Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skill is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be:
• Valid California Class A/B Driver’s License.
• School Bus Certificate, passenger transportation endorsement/physical every 2 years.
• Clean driving record as evidenced by Department of Motor Vehicles printout.
• Tehama County roads and freeways.
• Safe driving practices and techniques.
• Department operations and policies.
• California driving laws.
Providing safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the Department’s curriculum and extracurricular program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Any position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all
tasks that may be found in positions within this classification.
• Drive transportation equipment safely and efficiently.
• Maintain appropriate student behavior in transportation equipment.
• Perform appropriately in situations requiring tact and diplomacy.
• Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
• Establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
• Obeys all traffic laws.
• Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
• Maintains discipline when students are on bus.
• Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
• Keeps assigned bus clean, fuel bus as needed, takes bus in for routine maintenance.
• Keeps to assigned schedule.
• Checks bus before each operation for mechanical defects.
• Notifies the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
• Discharges students only at authorized stops.
• Exercises responsible leadership when on out-of-county school trips.
• Transports only authorized students.
• Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
• Enforces regulations against smoking and eating on the bus.
• Performs necessary emergency first aid treatment as required.
• Attends to the health needs of students, as necessary.
• Participates in in-service activities, as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification may perform in carrying out essential job functions.
• Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 40 to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. This type of work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods.
• Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
The Reeds Creek School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, color, gender, religion,
creed, national origin, disability or age.
Posted in the following places:
www.edjoin.com, www.reedscreek.org, Reeds Creek School District Office.
Reeds Creek Front Office Display Box. Red Bluff Job Training Center, Express Employment.
To Apply Visit: www.edjoin.org