Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a full time; benefit eligible Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS). Responsible for producing accurate and timely lab test results and phlebotomy as required. Maintains Clinical Laboratory inventory and performs various plating of specimens and staining under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
1. B.S. in appropriate field.
2. California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license required.
3. Basic computer knowledge required.
4. Knowledge of physiology, biochemistry, bacteriology, hematology, immunology and serology preferred.
5. Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
6. Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
7. Must be a team player to all departments, confidential of sensitive data, respectful of all other staff members, considerate of other people’s time, and accountable for work output.
1. Follows standard precautions at all times.
2. Responsible for plating all routine cultures on all specimens submitted to the Clinical Laboratory.
3. Responsible for performing all routine stains on submitted specimens, including gram stains and Wright’s stains.
4. Responsible for inventory in laboratory store room. Reports needed supplies to the Laboratory Manager.
5. Organizational ability and time management is demonstrated.
6. Produces deliverable products on time, within budget with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data using Microsoft Office Applications. Ability to make appropriate recommendations or conclusions, given the data obtained.
8. Maintains an organized set of records, delivers records immediately upon request, for the functions that are performed within the scope of this job.
Apply on-line at https://modocmedicalcenter.org/current-opportunities/
or visit the Modoc Medical Center Human Resources