ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (FISCAL)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$21.07 – $25.36 per hour, plus benefits package
5:00 p.m., 8/6/2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant (Fiscal) provides highly responsible administrative staff assistance including conducting specific and moderately complex analyses of a wide range of department activities including fiscal and budget monitoring. The major duties of the job include:
• Assist in the preparation of a departmental and/or program budget; prepare budget recommendations relative to assigned areas of responsibility; research past expenditures and project next year increases.
• Research possible revenue sources; prepare budgets and provide recommendations related to assigned areas of responsibility; research past and current expenditures in order to project the estimated future expenditures; develop and continually monitor grants and contracts to insure constant revenue flow.
• Perform para-professional and technical analysis and monitoring of department grants and contracts.
• Prepare program area policies, goals and procedures relative to fiscal control; collect and compile relevant data supporting recommendations; implement policies and procedures.
• Develop new program elements and program modifications related to area of assignment to meet stated goals and objectives.
• Monitor and coordinate the daily operation of assigned project or program area; perform fiscal detail work and maintain appropriate records and statistics.
• Provide analyses of a wide range of program activities related to area of assignment.
• Conducts surveys and performs complex research and statistical analyses as requested; prepare related reports.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by course work in business, economics, statistics or a related field. Associates degree preferably in business, accounting, office management or a related field.
Experience: Four to six years of highly responsible administrative experience providing support to a high-level administrator. At least two years must be in an area relating to major responsibility. One year in lead or senior level work required.
License: Possession of or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to Susanville
to participate in interviews.
HOW TO APPLY
An application may be obtained from the Personnel Office listed below or by visiting our website at http://www.co.lassen.ca.us. It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Qualified applicants are invited to submit an official Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department
221 South Roop Street
Susanville, California 96130
Opened July 25, 2019
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants. Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity orauthorization to work in the United States. A thorough background investigation will be conducted post-conditional job offer. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to local, state and federal files to obtain criminal history information.
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process. Selection processes may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised without notice.