Position: Accounting Technician
Date of Announcement: September 7, 2018
Closing Date: September 21, 2018
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Starting at $12.87/hr.
Benefits: Highly competitive benefits package *See below
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Accounting Technician assists Administrative, Fiscal and Executive staff by
performing a variety of support functions. The Accounting Technician will perform
computer operations as needed by Fiscal and Administrative departments; Accounts
Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Purchasing, make travel arrangements,
preparation of invoices for payment, and other duties as directed by Fiscal Controller.
1. Implements and improves document management effectively to maintain financial
historical records and enable immediate retrieval of required documents.
2. Selects and prepares invoices by verifying transaction information including
purchase requisitions, packing slips, scheduling and preparing disbursements,
obtaining authorization of payments, verifying account numbers on invoices and
recording invoices accurately.
3. Assists fiscal department by performing computer operations; in-putting invoices
for payment, reconciling credit card and EFT transactions, and printing checks for
Accounts Payable disbursements.
4. Processes credit card transactions and prepares deposits.
5. Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls and advises
management of any internal/external changes that may affect the efficacy of those
6. May assist in developing and arranging travel for staff and board.
7. Responsible for Petty Cash Box.
8. Completes payment process for C.H.S. (Contract Health Services) Department by
processing purchase orders, entering data into accounts payable and sending
payments to vendors.
9. Reconciles General Ledger Account Balances and reconciles Accounts Payable
records to vendor statements.
10. Maintains an adequate level of office supplies.
11. Distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited school.
2. A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a
business or trade school. Four-years related experience may be substituted for
3. Must type minimum 30 words per minutes.
4. Must have 1-year experience with computerized general ledger, accounts payable
systems, and working within a fund accounting environment.
5. Demonstrate proficiency in Word and Excel (must pass skills testing with an
80% or better).
6. Must have good basic math skills (must pass skills testing with a 70% or better).
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However,
there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, etc. No special physical
demands are required to perform the work.
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its Full-Time employees a highly competitive
benefits package, including annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA);
eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up
to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on the length of service); maternity leave;
paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan.
1st Preference Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference Non-Native applicant.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health
Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/humanresources/
(SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630
Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only completed applications will be considered. For your application to be considered
complete you must attach a copy of your High School Diploma or College Degree. If the
position requires a valid Driver’s License you must also attach a copy of your Driver’s
License. In addition, you must provide an additional statement on how you meet the
Complete applications can be dropped off in person at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA
Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or faxed to (530)257-1895.