Manufacturing Partnership Coordinator / Chico
OVERVIEW OF NORTEC
The Northern Rural Training & Employment Consortium (NoRTEC) headquartered in Chico, California, administers Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs in eleven Northern California counties. Established in 1983, NoRTEC is led by a Governing Board and Workforce Development Board (WDB) that oversee a broad range of programs and initiatives. The WDB includes representatives from small, medium and large businesses, labor organizations, education, economic development, community based organizations and one‐stop partners.
NoRTEC is a special district organized under a Joint Powers Agreement to provide United States Department of Labor (USDOL) Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA) services and has established contracts with nonprofit agencies in eleven counties to ensure job seekers and businesses have access to a comprehensive array of job training and employment services. The counties in NoRTEC service area are Butte, Del Norte, Lassen, Modoc, Nevada, Plumas, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity. Additional information about NoRTEC can be obtained at www.ncen.org.
The NoRTEC Industry Sector Partnership Coordinator will be responsible for administrative support and coordinating all aspects of NoRTEC’s Grow Manufacturing Initiative (GMI). The applicant must be capable of bringing together multiple partners to achieve the overall plan goals, preferably via existing relationships and trust with industry, workforce development programs, education institutions and economic development organizations in the NoRTEC region. The ideal applicant will be knowledgeable or experienced in working in a business environment, and have outstanding follow‐through and attention to detail.
The NoRTEC’s Industry Sector Partnerships follow the Next Generation Industry Sector Partnerships model.
The following responsibilities are essential to job performance:
- Expand GMI membership to new and existing industry representatives through outreach activities that will include face to face meetings, educational material and events.
- Lead and facilitate industry advocacy with local and state leaders to open doors for greater opportunity and support for the NoRTEC region.
- Understand the current state of the manufacturing industry and relevant needs of industry member companies in the NoRTEC region from both published data and reports as well as direct research such as one‐on‐one discussions with company leaders and feedback panels.
- Deploy marketing and promotional campaigns via social media, email and traditional marketing channels that increases awareness, promotes collaboration and helps to achieve greater advocacy for the manufacturing industry in the NoRTEC region.
- Organize and facilitate quarterly GMI Advisory Board meetings and sub‐committee meetings.
- Identify critical and specific workforce needs and foster alignment with identified educational strategies, curriculum and training needs.
- Participate in planning and coordinating the annual Manufacturing Expo.
- Manage grants from sector partnership funding sources including grant reporting and other grant requirements.
- Oversee GMI Intern staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- 2 to 6 years of relevant work experience. Prefer some knowledge of the manufacturing industry.
- Excellent project management skills including facilitation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of outside entities to move economic development or similar initiatives forward.
- Proficiency in organizing small and large scale meetings and events.
- Strong customer or client‐focused service skills. Attention to follow‐through.
- Understanding of workforce and economic development initiatives and procedures.
- Experience with simple marketing and communication campaigns.
- Ability to use customer‐relationship‐management systems to track contacts, leads and progress.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Skilled in the use of technology, including Microsoft products.
- Flexibility to travel.
Please note that this position is supported by grant funding and is contingent on the availability of funds and subject to change.
This is a full‐time 40 hours per week position.
$45,000 to $60,000, depending on qualifications.
NoRTEC offers a full range of employee benefits including fully paid Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Vacation, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays.
Experience: Two years of relevant experience.
Education: An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid California Driver License. Proof of personal auto insurance levels at or above a $100,000 combined single limit must be provided once offer of employment is accepted.
Experience: Manufacturing industry experience and/or experience supporting an industry or association or other similar initiative involving public and private partners.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Michael Cross, Executive Director email@example.com
Position will be open until filled
NoRTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports workforce diversity. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NoRTEC will consider individuals with disabilities based on their qualifications to perform the essential functions of the position for which they are applying and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and/or testing process. If you require accommodation in the application and/or testing process, please notify NoRTEC within seven (7) days of the need for accommodation, so appropriate alternative arrangements can be made.